Join our team!
As JOY prepares to move into a new home, we're looking for enthusiastic team members to join us. If you love Kundalini Yoga and are eager to share it with others, please consider joining our team. We're looking for Kundalini Yoga Instructors, Reception Staff, Musicians, and Sevadars. Scroll down for more information.
JOY Kundalini Yoga Instructor
It’s a joy to teach Kundalini Yoga. And we believe teachers at every level – from experienced teacher trainers to recent training graduates – have something valuable to offer. We see the teachers as an integral part of the JOY community and strive to support them in every way we can. At the same time, we aim to set a high standard for teaching and to preserve the integrity of Yogi Bhajan’s lineage and legacy. In so doing, we aim to give students access to the best Kundalini Yoga has to offer.
With this in mind, we have established the following qualifications for teaching Kundalini Yoga and Meditation at JOY.
- Be KRI Level 1 certified, in good standing
- Possess an enthusiasm to share the teachings and to do so with authenticity and integrity
- Acknowledge the KRI Code of Excellence
- When teaching class, wear graceful white clothing and white head cover (turban not required)
- Teach kriyas and meditations from books and manuals with the KRI seal of approval
- Follow the instructions provided by Yogi Bhajan, neither adding to, subtracting from or otherwise modifying the kriyas
- Have a daily practice of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Demonstrate an interest in continuing education, especially by studying Yogi Bhajan’s teachings (an extensive collection of lectures is available for free online at the Library of Teachings), participating in specialty training, advanced workshops, White Tantric Yoga, European Yoga Festival, Summer Solstice in New Mexico, Winter Solstice in Florida, and/or Sat Nam Rasayan training.
- Be active in the JOY community, especially by coming to sadhana, classes, workshops, and / or other special events
- Have teacher’s liability insurance
Do you feel inspired to become part of JOY’s teaching team? Please email Sat Shakti Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org. Share a little bit about yourself including who you trained with and where, your teaching history, and any specialty trainings you have completed. Please also let us know your availability to teach (days and times).
Reception team members are the face of JOY. They ensure everyone who comes into the space feels welcome. They should have a solid knowledge of Kundalini Yoga as well as JOY’s activities, events, policies, and procedures. They manage check in for classes and events, oversee the shop, and ensure the space is always clean and tidy. As well, they handle a variety of administrative tasks.
Ideal candidates are Kundalini Yoga enthusiasts who have exceptional organization skills, a keen eye for detail, patience, and a warm, friendly manner. Experience with Word, Excel and social media applications is required. Experience with MindBody is a plus as is an ability to use basic design applications.
Full and part-time positions available.
Interested in joining JOY’s reception team? Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
There are some opportunities to "earn" admittance to classes and special events through work exchange. Primarily these opportunities are entry level and include supporting the reception team during peak hours, especially by helping with check in, preparing tea, and cleaning. Work exchange roles are more formal than sevadar roles. You will need to commit to a minimum of 4 hours / week, with shifts of no less than 2 hours. Those interested in work exchange positions should send their cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpers wanted to assist with special events, cleaning and maintenance at JOY, leafleting, and more! Please email email@example.com if you would like to help launch and grow this incredible Kundalini venture in London.
Music is an essential aspect of Kundalini Yoga and we see it as a vibrant part of JOY. We even have a stage big enough to fit a five-member band! Musicians wanted for sacred chant concerts, kirtan, and sadhana. Paid and volunteer opportunities available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share a little about your interests, experience and availability.